Sunday, February 10, 2008

More news from the front...

"At the hospital now...

Naomi is keeping up a very good attitude! We are here until Monday - at the earliest. There is some fluid around her lungs again that they aren't too worried about yet, but have to keep an eye on it (of course). The catheter is still in and continuing to drain. There is some inflamation around the heart, after all it's been through, but it sounds like they think that will get better (???). I'll know more as we go.

It's snowing here...again! Talk to you soon...and thanks for praying. Pray that I can get my wrist working. It's hard to do the physical therapy exercises, and I can't use my heating pad as much being at the hospital, but I'm hoping I'll still make improvements.

Love, Jen"

1 comment:

Jen said...

To further update...
Naomi may be allowed to move from the SCU unit to the Children's wing tomorrow, where they will continue to monitor her.
I've been able to make a little schedule for myself and get all my physical therapy sessions done throughout the day. The nurses here have been great about warming up my heating pad for me before each session.
Jason is home with the three littler ones and, I think, he may even be intending on getting them ready and off to school in the morning (on his own).
Like Tessa said earlier, events have an end...but all of this other stuff is going to take us a long while. Even so, it's quite difficult to lose sight of the many blessings along the way.
I can't be anything but thankful when it comes down to it.
Jen
P.S. Don't let me deter anyone from stopping by and helping Jason around the house! He definitely can't 'keep up' with laundry/dishes/meals like I could. He's hangin' in there though!