Monday, January 14, 2008

From Jen...

Today is Jonas' 9th birthday. His Aunt Moriah and Uncle Ryan are taking good care of him and Elijah and Tamra. Jonas woke up this morning, excited to be 9, and said that, for his birthday, his present was 'Daddy coming home.'

I finally made it here today - with the intention of posting, but will just leave a comment. I'll be staying with Naomi again tonight - as Jason makes his way home. Naomi is having a hard time going through the withdrawal of the drug used to sedate her these past two weeks. There is just no way I can leave her while she is in this state. We are hoping to have her completely off of this drug before tomorrow morning - and then be moving over to the Barbara Bush Children's wing of the hospital.

Two nights ago, upon returning home, I remembered to get the mail. I cannot even express how much the cards, letters, donations, and even emails from friends, family, people in our community, and complete strangers has encouraged and strengthened me. I want each and every one of you to know that, though I haven't been able to call, or write you yet, I read every single word you wrote. I look forward to the day I will have some time to tell you personally how much those words have helped. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

It's time to get back to Naomi's room now. Last night resulted in only one hour of sleep for her...but I'm hopeful tonight will be better. There are just too many names for me to list right here, right now...because I just have to get back.

Love, Jen (Mom)

No comments: